Sexual harassment is a serious violation of an employee’s rights and the protections afforded to employees under federal and state laws. Addressing a sexual harassment claim is not always easy, but you should not be victimized by standing up to discriminatory or harassing practices by your employer.
Dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace is a traumatic experience that you may not always feel comfortable talking about it. At MGA Law, we will always treat you with compassion, respect and dignity. We strive to make you feel comfortable in addressing the harassing behavior and will ensure you are fully informed of your rights and options under the law.
Sexual harassment may impact both men and women, and consists of a pattern of unwelcome behavior that may include:
- Unwelcomed requests for sexual favors or physical contact by a boss, co-worker, customer or vendor
- A sexually offensive work environment
- Sexual comments or innuendos that create a hospital work environment
The law generally recognizes two types of sexual harassment:
- Quid pro quo – where a superior makes an employee’s hiring, retention, performance review, promotion or benefits dependent upon sexual favors
- Hostile work environment – where a pattern of unwelcome sexual talk or conduct is so pervasive that an employee cannot be comfortable on the job
We are here to help. If you believe you have been the victim of unlawful sexual harassment, please call or email us to set up a free, confidential consultation so that we may discuss your situation. Immediate attention and reporting are crucial in any sexual harassment case in order to make the inappropriate actions cease. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge concerning the laws prohibiting sexual harassment, including protection against any retaliation by your employer, and we will work to remedy the harassing conduct and protect your rights.